Friday, March 24, 2017

Amidst It All

Amidst It All
48 x 30"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

I am so excited about this painting! SO excited. It is now the largest from the prairie series I began experimenting with last fall and it very well may be my favourite! There are layers and layers built up to create the depth of the branches and fluttering leaves. At times I would think it was done, then come back to the studio a day or two later and realize I needed to add more leaves or branches. The other day, after I added the light pale yellow leaves to the bottom right-hand corner, I finally felt like I could not do another thing that would make me love this painting more.

That is a good feeling.

Note: at the Open Studio in November I had a conversation with a new client (she bought two paintings that day) about my plan to create this large prairie painting based on the others I had done so far in the series. She was intrigued and I told her I would contact her when it was complete. After viewing an initial image I emailed her, it is on hold until she can see it in person on Monday. I will update this post after that as to whether it is available or sold.

No comments: