Friday, April 28, 2017

Lake Land

Lake Land
30 x 40"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

I actually began this painting before our Open Studio last November, but didn't get it finished in time and wasn't thrilled with how it was going anyway. I never went back to it because I had painted myself into a corner of problems that I just couldn't decide how to fix. And there it has been, propped against the wall in an unfinished state, ever since. 

Fast-forward to March and a studio visit from an old friend who commented on it, so we hung it up and brain-stormed. Suddenly our conversation and his feedback got me excited about it again. I decided to finish it and, happily, I love the end result. I sent him an image and I think he may buy it when he is in town this weekend!


2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

I feel like I'm so far behind -- sorry -- painting for my show and marking and just not able to keep up. This is amazing. So is all your work.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

I am way behind by years! You do a great job I think. I seem to never get to other blogs- I must go see what you have been up to...

XO
N