Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A Sweet Farewell

A Sweet Farewell
24 x 36"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold at Darrell Bell Gallery

I am so excited about the paintings I have created for the show "Painting The Landscape" at Darrell Bell Gallery! So far this is the largest watery sunset I have created from the reflection series I began earlier this year, and I love it! The sunlight glows softly and the water looks peaceful and dreamy. It is the image I chose to use for the artist invitation Darrell and his team prepared for me.


I have to wire, sign, title and photograph all my work and there are a couple of minor tweaks to make on a painting or two, then I can deliver them! There is going to be a lot of artwork in this show. Seven artists! Darrell is really great at curating so I can hardly wait to see how he pulls the show together. Hopefully I can get some decent pictures once it is hung and then I will share them with you, but ideally if you are in Saskatoon in the next month you can stop by and see it all in person.

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

It looks amazing. Congratulations Nicki This is wonderful.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Marcela Strasdas said...

Good luck!!! Yes, so much work before a show right?? It's not just the painting....so many more things we have to do :) Beautiful Painting!

Nicki said...

Thank you Barbara! It is a happy time right now, art-wise. :)

XO Nicki

Nicki said...

Hi Marcela, Yes, so true! Much more than just painting! I need a studio assistant! Ha!