Sunday, September 10, 2017

Big Announcement! New Gallery!

(I love this sign!)
© Nicki Ault, 2017

I am extremely excited to announce that my art is now represented by the beautiful Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! I have been busting to tell you, but have held back for over two months until it became official, which happened on Friday.

In June I received a message Jeremy Weimer, the owner (with his wife Mary) of the Assiniboia Gallery, asking if he could come for a studio visit when he was in town that month. I was quite thrilled because I had heard really great things about them, so I was very much looking forward to meeting and talking with him. I have to say that, at least on my end, I felt we really clicked. Conversation was easy and interesting and we had a good connection over both the art and business side of things. By the time he left an hour or so later he said he would like to represent me!

A friendly and welcoming door
© Nicki Ault, 2017

The plan was that I would paint some new work which I would deliver in the fall, however, I received a text from Jeremy in early August with an upgraded plan. He thought a great way to introduce me as one of their new artists would be to showcase a few of my new paintings in their booth at Art Now - Saskatchewan Fine Art Fair. Yessir, I was on board with that! The catch? This new time-frame lined up exactly with the big landscape show at Darrell Bell Gallery! Eek!
My freshly delivered work
at Assiniboia Gallery
(three propped on the floor and four standing on the counter)
© Nicki Ault, 2017

I honestly don't know how I pulled it all off, but on Thursday I delivered seven new paintings to Darrell and Friday I delivered seven new paintings to Jeremy. Thank goodness I am not in one of my slumps right now! All of this has, thankfully, coincided with a period where I am so fired up to paint, I can hardly wait to get to the studio each day.

So there you have it. My big news is no longer a little secret. Life feels good right now!



P.S. I took some lovely resource photos on my road trip; the colours were glorious!






 And just because I love it so much, another angle of the sign...



2 comments:

Marcela Strasdas said...

Super congratulations!!!

Nicki said...

Thank you so much! I am excited!