Friday, September 8, 2017

Road To Nowhere

Road To Nowhere
20 x 20"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold at Darrell Bell Galley

I took a road trip to Regina today with seven new paintings. It was a glorious day in the country with amazing shades of yellow everywhere: golds, ochres, blondes, creams. As I drove I was thinking about how Naples Yellow and Titanium Buff with a hint of Brilliant Pale Yellow would be just right for the bleached out stubble in the field. I'm geeky that way!

This painting will be in "Painting The Landscape" which opens at Darrell Bell Gallery in a week! I am so very excited! This piece is a study for my big commission which I will finish next week. My clients have been so patient and understanding with how long it is taking me to get the job done. I have had some incredible opportunities come knocking, the group landscape show at DBG is one of them, and so I have had to stop and start the commission a few times. Thankfully they are happy for me and they don't want me to rush through their painting. This makes me want to knock it out of the park for them even more!

Speaking of opportunities, tomorrow I will be making a huge announcement, so please check back!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this to the max!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara! This one could have sold a few times! It seems you are not alone! :)