Monday, September 4, 2017

Show Announcement! Painting the Landscape - Darrell Bell Gallery

I mentioned that I have been painting larger work these days, well, this is one of the reasons!

I am so excited that I was invited to participate in this show! In June Darrell asked me if I wanted to be in a landscape show of work painted over the summer with him and some other artists. Ummmm, yes, yes I do!!! Seriously, it is going to be awesome! You have to come to the reception on Friday, Sept. 15 - it will be f-u-n! Darrell is hanging the show in BOTH gallery spaces, so there will be a hub of activity going from the street level location up to the main gallery on the fourth floor of the Canada Building. And the art! Oh, the art!

Jackie Miller is one of the two other artists I went to Georgian Bay with in 2013 and back when I was doing Sunday Spotlights on this blog, I wrote about her here. I also did a spotlight, which you can see here, on Greg Hargarten who is a member of the Men Who Paint group in Saskatoon and his recent work is making my head spin! Darrell has been working on some fantastic prairie paintings and he paints big! Three or four of my "big" paintings can often fit in one of his! Cheryl Tuck-Tallon is the owner of the Black Spruce Gallery up north where I sell my work and, although I haven't met Lindsay Love or Craig Erickson yet, I really admire their art!

So mark your calendars right now and keep tabs on this page because over the next week I will be posting the pieces I will have available in this show. And I think they are good!

No comments: